Friday 22 October 2010

A Roofer's Blog

Hi all
Just thought I would open my blog with a really annoying week, I will be glad to see the back off.
 My van was in for repairs £400 and with the service for my car-I think the garage did it cheaper as the van was so dear-I am £500 squid lighter in the tail + the van was in for longer than expected so I lost two days, it starts pouring with rain, my phones going berserk with calls and Im stuck-I can hardly put ladders on my Audi TT.
Consequently the diary is now full of leads & jobs-Ive got the van back and its running like a new van again.
So Im getting ready to go out & rattle through some jobs on Friday................Monsoon time, seriously in Edinburgh the rainwater was pouring over gutters, cascading from tenement roofs, gushing upwards from street drains..........another day wasted labourwise, so it was just a case of going to see jobs to price in the book.
Finished early & played with trying to optimize my website www.bpcroofing.co.uk .
One roofing aspect I have noticed lately is, that I am seeing a rise in enquiry's for Installing Firestone Rubbercover instead of people just phoning up wanting roofs re-felted.
It looks like Joe Public are finally beginning to realise its the future of roofing.
Hope you enjoyed.

Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment